This Privacy Statement sets out how LD Fine Jewellery Sdn Bhd (referred to as LDFJ) collect, store and handle personal information of individuals in accordance with the Personal Data Protection Act 2010 ("PDPA") and the laws of Malaysia. Please read this Privacy Statement to understand how we use the personal information we may collect from you. By providing your Personal Information to us, you are consenting to this Privacy Statement and the collection, use, access, transfer, storage and processing of your personal information as described in this Privacy Statement.
What This Privacy Statement Explains
This Privacy Statement explains:
1) What kind of personal information we collect
2) How we collect your personal information
3) How we use your personal information
4) When we disclose your personal information
5) Your right to access and correct your personal information
Our Commitment to You
We value your trust and are committed to protecting your personal information. To ensure that you can make informed decisions and feel confident about supplying your Personal Information to us when using any of our websites, Products and/or Services, we provide you with this Privacy Statement outlining our practices and the choices you have concerning how your Personal Information is being collected and used by us.
Defining Personal Information
Personal information refers to any information which relates directly or indirectly to you. This includes any information that can be used to distinguish, identify or contact you. For the purposes of this Privacy Statement, personal information encompasses sensitive personal information which relates to information relating to your health, political opinions, religious beliefs, etc. For the avoidance of doubt, please note that this Privacy Statement is applicable only if you are a natural person / an individual.
What Kind of Personal Information We Collect
In order for us to provide you with our Products and/or Services and to operate in an efficient and effective manner by providing you with the best service possible, we need to collect relevant personal information from you. The personal information collected by us may include (but is not limited to) the following:-
1) contact information such as your name, telephone or mobile phone
number and email address
2) your credit card information and bank account details 3) recording of your image via CCTV cameras when you visit our branches
When And How We Collect Your Personal Information?
We may collect personal information directly from you when you:-
1) communicate with us (for example when you contact us for any enquiries including by calling our showrooms
2) enter into or participate in any competitions, contests or loyalty programmes run/organised by us
3) register interest and/or request for information of (through our online portals or other available channels) or subscribe to our Products/or selected services, or subscribe to our newsletters.
4) respond to any marketing materials we send out
5) commence a business relationship with us (for example as a business partner)
6) visit any of our showrooms
7) visit or browse our websites
Other than personal information obtained from you directly (as detailed above), we may also obtain your personal information from third parties we deal with or are connected with you (credit reference agencies or financial institutions), and from such other sources where you have given your consent for the disclosure of information relating to you, and/or where otherwise lawfully permitted.
How We Use Your Personal Information
We may collect and use personal information from you or from the category of third parties identified in this Privacy Statement, for one or more of the following purposes:-
1) to send you information, updates, advertisements, promotions and other marketing communications in connection with (i) products, services, offers and promotions offered and/or our marketing partners, and (ii) programmes, events or activities, including programmes or activities and/or our marketing partners unless you have otherwise indicated that you do not wish for us to process your personal data for such purposes;
2) to verify your identity
3) to process your orders/ request of our Products and/or Services
4) to administer and manage the Products and/or Services we provide you (including charging, billing, facilitating payment, delivery)
5) to establish, maintain, process and administer your participation in the relevant activities organised
6) to respond to your queries, requests and feedback;
7) to establish and better manage any business relationship we may have with you
8) to administer contests, competitions and conduct lucky draws,including, where necessary, in order to announce the results of these contests, competitions and lucky draws and identify and contact the winners, and in order to publicise and conduct marketing strictly related to these contests, competitions and lucky draws;
9) to help us monitor and improve our products/ service, our customer relations teams and service providers and Websites .
10) to facilitate statistical analysis based on your purchases and preferences, to help us improve and identify products and services which may be of interest to you, as well as matching your personal data with other data collected for other purposes and from other sources (including third parties) in connection with the provision or offering of products and services to you, whether by us or other third parties;
11) to conduct market research and surveys so that we can provide better service and products which may be of greater relevance to you;
12) to investigate and resolve any service issues, billing queries, complaints or other enquiries that you submit to us regarding our Products and Services
13) to detect and prevent fraudulent activity
14) to protect and enforce our contractual and legal rights and obligations;
15) to process your personal data for purposes which are reasonably related to any of the purposes stated above, including disclosure toand processing by any third party outsourced service providers and/or our marketing partners.
16) to maintain records required for security, claims or other legal purposes
17) to comply with legal and regulatory requirements for any other purposes that is required or permitted by any law,regulations, guidelines and/or relevant regulatory authorities
Disclosure of Your Personal Information
As a part of providing you with our Products and/or Services and the management and/or operation of the same, we may be required or need to disclose information about you to the following third parties:
1) law enforcement agencies, government agencies and companies and/or organisations that act as our agents, contractors,service providers and/or professional advisers
2) companies and/or organisations that assist us in processing and/or otherwise fulfilling transactions and providing you with Products and/or Services that you have requested or subscribed for
3) our business associates and other parties for purposes that are related to the purpose of collecting and using your personal information
4) other parties in respect of whom you have given your express or implied consent subject at all times to any laws (including regulations, guidelines and/or obligations) applicable to the our company.
We may use your personal information to provide you with information about our and third party services and/or products, which may be of interest to or benefit you, except where otherwise requested or notified by you. In certain instances, we may disclose your personal information to our preferred merchants and strategic partners. However, please note that we will only disclose your personal information to our merchants and strategic partners where you have subscribed for particular Services or Products which require such disclosure, and/or where your consent has been obtained, subject at all times to any laws (including regulations, guidelines and/or obligations) applicable to the LD Fine Jewellery. We take reasonable steps to ensure that our agreements with our merchants and/or strategic partners include appropriate privacy and confidentiality obligations.
If you do not wish your personal information to be utilised for the purposes of marketing or should you change your mind in relation to your previous decision, please contact us at the contact details provided below. Your latest written instructions to us will prevail.
Your Rights to Access and Correct Your Personal Information We can assist you to access and correct your personal information held by us. Where you wish to have access to your personal information in our possession, or where you are of the opinion that such personal information held by us is inaccurate, incomplete, misleading or where relevant, not up-to-date, you may make a request to us by contacting the contact details provided below. You should quote your name, address and phone/account number and provide brief details of the information you want a copy of in any such request. We will use reasonable efforts to comply with your request to access or correct your personal information within 21 days of receiving your request and the relevant processing fee. Please note that we may withhold access to your personal information in certain situations, for example when we are unable to confirm your identity or where information requested for is of a confidential commercial nature or in the event we receive repeated requests for the same information. Nevertheless, we will notify you of the reasons for not being able to accede to your request.
You are responsible for providing accurate and complete information to us about yourself and any other person whose personal information you provide us and for updating this personal information as and when it becomes incorrect or out of date by contacting the contact details provided below. This obligation is a condition to the provision of our Products and/or Services to you and/or any other person authorised or permitted by you or your organisation/company to use the Products and/or Services. In the event you may need to provide us with personal information relating to third parties (for example about your spouse or children or where you are the designated person in charge (from an organisation or company) for dealing with us, if you are acquiring and are responsible for a service and/or product that they will use), you confirm that you have (i) obtained their consent or otherwise entitled to provide their personal information to us and for us to use accordingly, and (ii) informed them to read this Privacy Statement at our website at www.ringsnbands.com.
Updates to Our Privacy Statement
We may amend this Privacy Statement from time to time and the updated version shall apply and supersede any and all previous versions, including but not limited to, leaflets or hard copy versions. Please check our website for information on our most up-to-date practices.
Our Contact Details
Should you have any queries, concerns or complaints in relation to this Privacy Statement , kindly contact us during office hours (between 11:00am to7.00pm, Tuesdays to Sundays at the following contact points:
RINGS N BANDS
17 Elitis Tiara Selatan,
Valencia, 47000 Sungai Buloh,